Денис Рекун (Denis Rekun) (RU)

Денис Рекун (RU)

Thanx to New Masters of Poster Design 2, I discovered the work of Vladimir Snegotskiy and he advices me to take a look at Denis' work. I take this opportunity to tahnk him a lot for this discovery.That kind of story is probably the best way to explore the variety of rock posters artists. I shouldn't be giving you my tricks, but, after all, you are, dear readers, the reason why I try to explore this world so deeply. By the way, une great great thanx to Denis for his time and answers.


1. Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question: what are we listening to when we come to visit you?

Young Legionnaire, Rinoa, Rosetta at the moment


2.Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?
My name is Denis Rekun, I live and study in Moscow, I am a freelance disainer for about 6 years already

3.When did you start drawing?
As far as I can remember myself. As a child, I was copying images from books, later started drawing everything that comes to my head.

4.Did you follow any course or did you improve by drawing in the margins of your schoolbooks?
As far as I remember, I was constantly busy drawing: during daytime in my notebooks and in the evenings I was attending drawing courses. 

5.Today are you living from your art, or do you do something else for a living ?
At this time, art is more like a favourite thing to do, a lifestyle and less it is moneymaker. 

6.Are you collaborating with magazines/fanzines, regularly?
Not yet

7-Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists
you particularly like, what are your influences?
.
It's cliche to say, but we take inspiration from almost everything. Our favorites are film and music. But we will often times take inspiration from other artists we admire of just simply from life experiences?
There are lots of artists that influenced my vision and style, but I can't highlight any particular one, 'cause on a different stage of life I liked different things and tried all kind of styles and techniques possible.

8.What are the principal steps in your work ?
The first thing to do is to imagine the future piece in details. You should see it clearly, only then you give it material form. I used to draw without having a concrete detailed view on what it's going to be at the end, of course it takes longer time to finish the piece, but sometimes it is the only way.

9.Do you do everything by hand or on computer?
Usually the first sketch is by hand, for me it is easier.

10.How long does it take you to do a poster?
About 2 or 3 days, but sometimes it can take even longer as I my rethink the idea and start all over again even though the work was almost ready.

11.You have a very distinctive style, are you doing only what you feel like or if tomorrow somebody asks you an oil painting with horses running out of water with a sunset backdrop, is it a problem or are you up for it ?
If client tries to put me into limits, like colours, styles etc I'd probably refuse, but if I'm given freedom and they say "do as you think is right" I would gladly accept the challenge.

12.For which band would you love to work?
I have already worked with amount of different bands, but my favourite pieces belong to such bands as Rollercoaster, which are my good friends by the way; then lots of posters for the Booking Machine Agency and one of the latest works for General Lee band from France.

13.For which band would you love to work??
Rollercoaster

14.Do you choose the artists yourself?
Of course, it is very important! If I like the music, it brings more inspiration and the artpiece turns into something much more than the average image.

15.What is the most difficult part in designing a poster ?
To achieve harmony in colour and composition so the picture becomes holistic.

16.Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else ?
I'd say yes. Anyway it is interesting for me to follow how poster design develop and turn into independent art form. 

17.A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we see your work , on the web or in real life?
You can find me and check on my work here: vk.com/rekun_art , www.facebook.com/Denis.Rekun

18.The best praise you received lately?
« zaebis'! »

19.What can we wish you for the future?
draw. draw more!

Aucun commentaire: