Дмитрий Красов (Dimitry Krasov) (RU)

 
  Дмитрий Красов (Dimitry Krasov) (RU)

Following Vladimir Snegotskiy and Денис Рекун (Denis Rekun), here is a new discovery from Russia. Russian poster work is, to my opinion, always really graphic and full of a kind of desperate poetry, this might be because of this famous russian soul :) In this case, Dimitry is, with no doubt at all, completly filled with this soul and this is the reason why I am really glad to welcome him here !



Hello, of course as every Crewk interview, first question: what are we listening to when we come to visit you?

 I like listen to the various sort of music. It’s a rock mostly (Tool, Porcupine Tree, Oceansize, Amplifier, Anathema, Diversion Voice, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Death, Massive Attack, Depeche Mode, Faith No More, The Gathering, Cynic, Deftones, Meshuggah...)

Can you tell us more about yourself, who are you, where are you from, what do you do?

My name is Dmitry Krasov. I’m from Russia, Moscow. I have a wife and a son. I play in a music band. I go in for graphic design.  And I lead a project of stencil art www.traforo.ru  Within the framework of the project I organize exhibitions, contests and festivals.
 
When did you start drawing?

   I have been drawing from my childhood. My parents were artists. After finishing the school I went to the art school of miniature painting.  After finishing the art school I didn’t paint anything for some time. Then I interested in a computer design.

 Did you follow any course or did you improve by drawing in the margins of your schoolbooks?

I began studying computer design and I got involved in computer programs.
 
Today are you living from your art, or do you do something else for a living ?

Principal place of my work is an interior design. But now orders for graphic design began to come. It is my pleasure.

Are you collaborating with magazines/fanzines, regularly?

  I do not cooperate with magazines. I publish a pdf magazine “CUTOUT” about stencil art http://www.traforo.ru/cutout.htm  where I work as an editor and a designer



Where does your influence come from? Is there any artists/graphists you particularly like, what are your influences?

 I’m inspired by music, my family, friends and travels. Of the artists I like street artists. There are Banksy www.banksy.co.uk and Blu www.blublu.org.

What are the principal steps in your work ?

First is an idea. The second is the sketch. The third is the process of creation. Sometimes my creation cluttered with unnecessary details, so the fourth is removing all unnecessary details from my artwork. Then I do a pre-print, which identifies errors that cannot be seen on the monitor.

Do you do everything by hand or on computer?

 I do most of the work by a hand, then I scan it and complete on a computer.

 How long does it take you to do a poster?

I create a poster from a day to a week.

You have a very distinctive style, are you doing only what you feel like or if tomorrow somebody asks you an oil painting with horses running out of water with a sunset backdrop, is it a problem or are you up for it ?

I can cancel the order which I don’t like because graphic design is not my main income. But it doesn’t mean that I get pleasure from all the artworks I do. I want to forget about some of them.

For which band have you already worked for?

I did posters for the different bands and also for the music festivals too.

For which band would you love to work?

Most of all I like to make posters for the band Diversion Voice http://www.diversionvoice.com/ Because I play there, and I feel the music inside. I am interested to combine audio and visual images.

Do you choose the artists yourself?

I don’t choose bands to work with. I was asked to do a poster for my friends, who are musicians to or any acquaintance organizers of festivals. 

What is the most difficult part in designing a poster ?

 The most difficult part in creation of a poster is to convince a customer not to interfere in the process of creation and trust me everything as a performer. And also to express my idea in minimal graphic way.

Do you think you are part of a "Graphic Scene", if so who else ?

Honestly I don’t think I’m the part of a “Graphic Scene” and I don’t watch for someone.
 
A bit of self-promotion, take advantage of it, it's free, where can we see your work , on the web or in real life?

My graphic artworks you can see on my personal web site www.minidea.ru
 
The best praise you received lately?

The customer looked at the first sketch, and said that it suits all in one of my last orders.
 
What can we wish you for the future?

 I hope that the customer would trust completely to the designer.

Thanks for answering my questions and see you soon on the website !!





















Aucun commentaire: